Job Overview: The O&M Electrical Helper will be responsible for basic electrical maintenance and troubleshooting support at solar facilities. Those facilities include, but are not limited to, ground mount, roof top, commercial, industrial, and utility-scale projects.
As a leading division of Radiance Solar, the O&M Department is responsible for hundreds of solar facilities located throughout the Southeast region. The electrical helper will learn about and support the operations and maintenance of these solar facilities by accompanying and assisting O&M technicians in the field to gain electrical experience in the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of solar systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist O&M technicians with the replacement of solar inverters, remote monitoring/communications equipment, and other corrective and preventative maintenance
- Desire to be trained by experienced O&M technicians with the goal of growing into an independently operating O&M technician
- Desire to learn how solar and energy storage facilities are operated and maintained
- Support the O&M technicians and front office by taking detailed notes and photos of services visits, corrective, and preventative maintenance.
- Electrical helper or apprentice with basic knowledge of power systems and electrical circuits
- Strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, attention to detail and safety oriented!
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs
- High school diploma
- Able to drive or fly to work at remote sites across the Southeast region (GA, FL, NC, SC, AL, TN)