Our company is searching for experienced candidates for the position of construction safety apprentice. We appreciate you taking the time to review the list of qualifications and to apply for the position. If you don’t fill all the qualifications, you may still be considered depending on your level of experience.
- Assist in monitoring and helping enforce safety compliance.
- Follow a set rotation and training plan in the workplace.
- Liaise with insurers and clients as required.
- Assures the correct number of parts and materials are available on the job site.
- Assists in all material activities by receiving, storing, and assembling excess and salvage to ensure that proper accounting procedures are followed.
- Assist, plan, and set up work zone safety and traffic control measures Perform other duties as assigned.
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in place on their site and that all staff and operatives on site adhere to those systems and safe standards of behavior.
- To manage productivity on site so that the project is completed on time.
- To manage the activity on-site in a way that adheres to contract and cost constraints.
- To ensure that the site has minimal impact on the environment and local community.
- Earn while you learn in a supportive environment.
- Three-year apprenticeships with ongoing career development
- Must have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver's license.
- High school diploma
- Familiarity with being on a construction site.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50-75% of the time.
- OSHA 30
- Stand or walk for long periods.
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle, or manipulate objects.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds, and other objects.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- See well (naturally or with correction).
- Eye-hand coordination.
- Good physical fitness.
- Good sense of balance.
- Work at great heights.